Sitting Bull College Request to Withhold Directory Information
Under the provisions of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, and as amended, you have the right to withhold the disclosure of Directory Information. Should you decide to inform the institution not to release any or all Directory Information, any future requests for such information from non-institutional persons or organizations will be refused (unless you have otherwise granted permission to release your information to specific individuals in writing using the FERPA Student Authorization Release Form, you otherwise have granted permission, or an exception under FERPA applies). Sitting Bull College will process your request, but cannot assume responsibility to contact you for subsequent permission to release. Regardless of the effect upon you, Sitting Bull College assumes no liability for honoring your instructions that such information be withheld.
If you do not want Sitting Bull College to disclose the types of information designated as Directory Information from your education records without your prior written consent, you must notify Sitting Bull College using the below form or subsequently in writing. It is recommended that this notice be submitted by the end of the second week of the semester.
Sitting Bull College considers the following types of information to be directory-level information.
* Student's Name
* Address (all)
* Telephone number (all)
* Electronic mail address
* Date and place of birth
* Major(s) and minor field of study
* Dates of attendance
* Class level
* Participation in officially recognized activities and sports
* Weight and height of members of athletic teams
* Degrees, honors, and awards received
* The most recent educational agency or institution attended
* Student ID number, user ID, or other unique personal identifier used to communicate in electronic systems but only if the identifier cannot be used to gain access to education records except when used in conjunction with one or more factors that authenticate the user's identity, such as a PIN, password, or other factor known or possessed only by the authorized user
** I understand that this means that I will not be included on publications such as recognition for honors or awards. I also understand that employers or other organizations seeking to verify a degree or enrollment status will not be able to do so unless I submit a revised copy of this form granting permissions.
NOTE: If you are graduation, this opt-out request will continue to remain effective after graduation. You may revoke this request at any time by writing to the Sitting Bull College and providing proof of identity.
By typing my name I certify the information is correct and complete.